Saturday 8 October 2011

Initial Ideas

The initial ideas for my magazine are that I will produce an Indie/Acoustic and light rock magazine, where I will feature unknown artists that I think could break into the industry.

My target audience will be mostly the younger music fans for example 16-30 year olds, or anyone who has a keen interest in the up and coming artists and gigs that they can go to in their local area. As this is one thing I will try and incorporate.

I wanted to produce my magazine like this, because I would like to see a magazine like this in the shops where unsigned or 'underground' musicians are recognised and are featured in magazines as opposed to hugely famous bands.

A lot of the sales from magazines such as NME and Kerrang come from the fans of the Feature band, but I think that a lot of people are now moving towards the unsigned artists, as the gigs are more intense and intimate, and the way that a lot of unsigned artists are now moving up and selling records to the mass consumer.

No comments:

Post a Comment